Ferrari Daytona Spyder Replica Kit Sold
Brand new Ferrari Daytona Replica kit. One of only 105 made. These kits were produced in the late 1980s in the UK and were unusual because they included the frame. This kit has been in warehouse storage since the 1990s and includes a majority of the parts to build an accurate replica. In addition, the body is mounted to the rolling chassis. This is a list of the parts you will need to complete this kit to the best of my knowledge:
- Jaguar XJ12 sedan donor vehicle for engine and transmission or an engine and trans from an XKE V12.
- Fuel tank probably from an XJ12 or XJ6 (I believe I have the sending units)
- Convertible top and frame. The top frame is likely off an existing British roadster.
The vehicle would be rather impressive with six downdraft Weber Carbs installed on the V12 motor. This conversion is recommended. The second choice is to install a Chevy 350 crate built motor. At one point, John’s Cars (I believe) in Texas, offered conversion kits to install Chevy motors and transmissions in Jaguar V12 vehicles. The same kit, if still available, could be used in this vehicle. What is included with the kit.
The following items are included:
- Assembled factory chassis with front and rear suspension installed
- Steering rack installed, steering column installed
- All road springs front and rear installed
- Alloy wheels and tires
- Differential installed
- Body installed
- Doors, fenders, hood and deck lid
- Glass and all guts for doors
- All electrical components, i.e. lights switches, gauges, etc. included exclusive of the engine (all relays, a wire harness, complete interior, carpeting, inner and outer door handles, stainless steel exhaust system and windshield.)
These parts are all brand new as is the car body, chassis, suspension etc. The vehicle is currently in warehouse storage with layers of dust sitting from the 1990’s. I will post a picture shortly. The vehicle can only be seen on weekends. If you are overseas we can help with transport to the New Jersey docks. Please note there is no title to this vehicle as it is a kit and you would probably use the Jaguar donor car title or register as a a Replica kit in most states. Again this is 1 of 105 made and not the common Corvette Replica kit. This has its own Chassis. Ferrari sued most of these kit car companies to stop production so production was discontinued by most if not all the replica manufacturers. The expense to produce this kit today would be immense and costly. This is an opportunity to build a great replica of a Daytona Ferrari
Please call or email with any questions.