Austin Healey Derrington Large Teardrop Wood Rim Steering Wheel . The famous popular V.W, Derrington wheel was introduced in 1954 and was installed on many racing sports cars during the 1950’s thru 1970’s. Originally Donald Healey produced a 16 inch Derrington style wheel with 24 rivet and 8 mounting bolts. Wheels were eventually supplied by V.W, Derrington which was a 18 rivet wood rim wheel 9 mounting bolts. When V.W. Derrington stopped production the famous Derrington steering wheel production was continued by Motolita England.
Derrington wheels supplied were always flat never dished. Alloy construction had highly polished equal distant slotted spokes. 18 rivets around wood perimeter . These beautiful wheels were originally distributed by two importers Vilem B Haan Inc Sports Car Accessories West Coast and Wilco Products East Coast. Many may remember these catologs with loads of sports car accessories for your British sports car.
Our Derrington wheel will install on all 9 bolt Motolita , Lecarra,or Bluemel 9 bolt steering wheel hubs. We stock Motolita , Lecarra and polished Bluemel style adjustable hubs for Austin Healey and other British sports cars. Please contact us with specific hub requirements for your Healey. All hubs for Derrington 3-equal spoke wheels are supplied with a top ring and screw kit.
Specifications of Derrington Wheel / Large Teardrop wheel
- Size: 15″ (38cm)
- Rim: Wood Rim with 18 Rivets
- Spoke Finish:Highly Polished mirror finish as original ( Not Matt finish)
- Fitting: Moto-Lita Standard (9 Bolt) hub (These hubs were used from the late 1950 thru 1967
- Design: Flat (Original Design)
- Wood with clear gloss finish
- Laminated wood rim as V.W. Derrington to produce a light weight and strong wheel
- Pattern: 3-spoke equal distant to the original Donald Healey Works Steering wheel and Famous V.W. Derrington design
- Austin Healey 100-4 BN1 BN2
- Austin Healey LeMans
- Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 BN6
- Austin Healey 3000 BN7 BT7
- Austin Healey 3000 BJ7 BJ8
- MGA MGB MGC
- Triumph TR4 TR250 TR6
- May be fitted to other models when fitting a Motolita style hub
Part No SWH105 (Large Teardrop design) (Derrington / Donald Healey Works Steering Wheel
Important production time 4 weeks
Note: On many adjustable hubs Bluemel Polished Hubs were used by BMC for mounting Derrington, Les Leston and Moto-Lita steering wheels to Austin Healeys. The polished alloy Bluemel hub would be the original to factory specifications on adjustable applications